Welcome to the the third tutorial for Android! In this lesson, we’re going to take everything we learned in lesson two and learn how to apply the same lighting technique on a per-pixel basis. We will be able to see the difference, even when using standard diffuse lighting with simple cubes. Assumptions and prerequisites Each [...]
Tag Archives | Gouraud shading
Welcome to the second tutorial for Android. In this lesson, we’re going to learn how to implement Lambertian reflectance using shaders, otherwise known as your standard diffuse lighting. In OpenGL ES 2, we need to implement our own lighting algorithms, so we will learn how the math works and how we can apply it to [...]
Get the Book
- Android Lesson One: Getting Started May 29, 2011
- Android Lesson Four: Introducing Basic Texturing September 25, 2011
- Android Lesson Two: Ambient and Diffuse Lighting June 15, 2011
- Rotating An Object With Touch Events February 27, 2012
- Android Lesson Three: Moving to Per-Fragment Lighting June 23, 2011
- Site Updates, and Thoughts on Native Development for the Web April 30, 2013
- Introducing GLWallpaperService April 3, 2013
- Announcing the New Forums, and a Roundup! February 21, 2013
- Introducing OpenGL ES for Android: A Quick-Start Guide, Now in Beta January 30, 2013
- OpenGL Community Roundup, January 2013 Edition January 19, 2013
- Admin: Thanks for the kind compliments! The game loop is ...
- Steve: Great book, just finished reading it. Worth every...
- MIP Mapping and Texture Sampling | CG Dev / OpenGL: [...] http://www.learnopengles.com/android-lesson-...
- Admin: I haven't done a C++ version yet. Maybe you could...
- Deduu: Hi Admin, do you have c++ version code for lesson ...
- Lesson One: Getting Started
- Lesson Two: Ambient and Diffuse Lighting
- Lesson Three: Moving to Per-Fragment Lighting
- Lesson Four: Introducing Basic Texturing
- Lesson Five: An Introduction to Blending
- Lesson Six: An Introduction to Texture Filtering
- Lesson Seven: An Introduction to Vertex Buffer Objects
- Lesson Eight: An Introduction to Index Buffer Objects